In the technology industry, marketing can often be a challenge. Attracting new customers and retaining loyal customers can be difficult without innovative technology marketing strategies. How do you capture and engage the right people who want and need your product or software? More importantly, how do you effectively establish long-term relationships with your target audience? Inbound marketing is the solution. According to a recent report by the Content Marketing Institute, 46% of technology marketers have a documented inbound marketing strategy. However, only 39% of technology marketers say they are effective at inbound marketing.
What is Inbound Marketing?Inbound marketing drives lead generation by naturally converting online prospects into customers. By offering valuable and relevant content to your followers, you can provide engaging technology solutions that resolve their needs, without coming across as marketers. This builds long-term relationships with customers in the digital world through the conversion of visitors into leads, leads into customers, and customers into brand promoters.
Inbound Marketing Campaigns for Technology Marketing include:
- A Strategic Website
- Video Testimonials
- Branded Social Media Channels
- Informational Blogs
- Newsworthy Press Releases
- Targeted Emails and Lead Nurturing
- Project Portfolios
- Ebooks and Whitepapers
- Search Engine Optimization
Build an Inbound Marketing Plan for Technology Marketing
1. Identify Buyer PersonasBuyer personas are fictional representations of “ideal” customers, created based on their pain points, motivations, personalities, and demographics. Your buyer personas are the right people who will most likely become leads and eventually customers. Build your inbound marketing strategy around your buyer personas.
2. Create Valuable ContentOnce you know your target audience, you can create relevant and engaging content that addresses your customers’ pain points, questions, or needs. Valuable content is the key to validating you as an expert in the field of technology marketing.
3. Determine Where Your Customers Search
- Blogs: Blog articles provide educational content to online visitors looking for information or answers. This also attracts prospective leads to your website, where they can become customers.
- Social Media: Social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Google+, engage your prospects and create a platform for your brand on networks where your buyer personas “hang out.”
- Website Pages: Optimizing your website means that you can attract the right people to your content. You should continue to generate new content, utilize keywords, and build links that bring potential customers from your blogs, social media pages, or search engines.
4. Implement Measurable Metrics
Marketers understand the importance of measuring the ROI of their marketing campaigns. For technology marketing, it is easy to track and measure the effectiveness of online marketing efforts. Automated analytics software identifies various metrics, such as the number of page visits, click-through rates, and customer conversions, to help identify the inbound marketing tactics that work best to reach, engage, and retain more customers. This not only grows your business, but also enhances your customer relationships.
Use inbound marketing to publish the right content for the right people in the right place at the right time to drive success.
About Digital Impact Agency
Digital Impact Agency is a creative firm specializing in interactive media and inbound marketing strategies for manufacturing and technology companies, professional service firms (architectural, engineering, construction, legal and consulting), nonprofits and enterprise companies. We are a team of innovative entrepreneurs focused on creating the most strategic and effective communication channels for our clients.